Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 3 - Self Employment - April 30 - May 6, 2018

Week 3:

Week 3 of self-employment: it was a short week due to a previously planned vacation. The thought of the week was sell everything hiding in the closet. It was actually kind of fun. I sold a porsche mirror I got thrown in on a other deal for $160. Not bad. That and auctioning off some mini-storage units about a month ago gave us some spending cash for the vacation.
I did attend a real estate meetup on Monday night. I found this group on Meetup.com. These groups are really cool. I've met potential investing partners, swapped investing info and helped newbies along on their journey. Very rewarding all around. I'd recommend it for anyone looking to find a group that likes the same stuff you do. It gives me energy each time I attend these events.
I also updated out ad for Houlton before leaving on vacation. I got scolded for that but I didn't want to let a week go by without getting the ad to the top of the listings. I was punished with lots of calls but rewarded with a new tenant and possibly 2 more on the way.
We had a break in at our mini in Prescott. Got a 3 am call from the police (no, I didn't answer). It turned out they found the meth-head and got our renter's things back. I'm glad for that but our poor tenant has to move units and we have to replace a latch. Annoying.
With that we are continuing to have plans drawn up for the Hudson property and working on progress in Houlton. I also got a good call while hanging out on vacation from the bank. It looks like we are going to be able to get going on building 5 in Houlton sooner than expected. Our original plan was to finish up B4 and close out the loan before getting started on B5. Now we'll be able to extend our current loan one more time to include B5. That means they start of that building is about 2 months out rather than 4 months. Yippee. That means Angie will be cranking away getting the necessary paperwork out the door. Slow and steady....
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment