Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 2 of Self Employment - Real Estate Investing

Week 2:

Week #2 of self-employment is in the books. Another exciting week. We closed on our property in Hudson, WI. We will be developing this into large storage units 18' x 40' for boats, and RVs and other big stuff. We will have big driving areas for backing trailers into the units and big doors to aim at. Engineering survey next week and then rock and roll. Hope to break ground Aug 1st. I'm cautiously optimistic on that timeline.
We also got better news that banks are suddenly excited to lend us money for the construction. Project. Not sure why such a change of heart since last week but I'm not complaining.
I evaluated a couple other properties and businesses but nothing checked all the boxes. I do have a property I'm interested in but will definitely need partners for that one. I'll report back soon.
We still have our health and our house so things are still going according to plans. Next month we will be selling our mini storage so we'll be able to pad our emergency fund. Until I find another property, according to Angie.

No comments:

Post a Comment