Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 1 of self employment - April 16 - 22nd, 2018

I thought might experiences with self-employment might help others so I'm going to be posting my weekly business updates here too.  It might get you thinking of other questions.  Feel free to message me with questions if something is either not clear or fully elaborated.  I'd be happy to tell you what has or hasn't worked for me.  It might also be worthy of a future blog post. 

Week 1:
Week one being self-employed is in the books. Ironically, it felt very similar to the week prior. Lots of action. We found out our closing date for the Hudson property (April 26th) which is exciting. I'll finally get an office to work out of. Equally exciting (not in a good way) is the bank is balking at loaning us the money for the construction due to not having a job. Imagine that. I may be looking for investors with a day job. They consider that more important than track record - which I understand.
Next, my truck isn't running we'll so we are going to need another vehicle. We knew this was coming, just not this quickly. I sense Angie is secretly happy about this. I'll get that stinky, noisy Diesel out if the garage. We decided we are going to wait to sell our property in Prescott before we pull the trigger. Not to mention with how busy things were, we didn't want to settle. So in the meantime I am renting a truck until Weds next week so I can clean out the mini storage in Prescott for the sale. Then I'll be getting the camaro out of hibernation until I can get a permanent daily driver. It does feel somewhat ironic that we have 3 vehicles and I'm renting something to drive. Judge me if you must....
Otherwise Houlton Building #4 is at a standstill with road restrictions, frost, and melting snow keeping things on the shelf. Our grading guys should be back there on Tuesday to doll things up and get it ready to pour the concrete floors and center beam footings for the structural walls.
The survey and engineering is pushing along for the Hudson property while we wait on financing. It'll go no matter what (I may be knocking on your door looking for handouts) so i want to be ready day 1 when that big loan is in place. We are also working with our contractors and suppliers to dial in our numbers for grading, concrete, and building construction.
See ya next week. I'll get to post some pics of the new building and rest of the property once we take possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment