Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Week 29 of Self Employment

Finished a fun railroad track evaluation consulting gig. That was a lot of fun and the client was very happy with the report and analysis. I hope they're able to put it to good use. This made for a super busy week but it was fun to keep the railroad juices flowing a little longer. I'm working on some additional services that I hope to unveil in the next few weeks. I'm hoping to assist facilities with track in getting better, more complete estimates from their contractors. Comparing apples to apples is the easiest way to get good pricing and evaluate repair costs.
Houlton Storage Garages LLC: See the pics. I mean, c'mon, this place is looking good! Haha. Building 5 is making good progress and we should have the overhead doors up next week. The GREAT news is that we're 100% full (everytime I say something like this, I get slabbed across the face, but I'm going to say it again)! We do have a few folks moving from existing units so the good news is that we'll have a few units still available, but as soon as we have units done, people will be able to start moving in!
As an actual update, we got our building complete (except for garage doors), our driveway paved, our heaters in, out fence gate mechanism run, and a solid start on the electrical. Should be wrapping up next week.
Storage Garages of Hudson: We got the footing in for Building 5 (our 3rd building) and the frost walls poured. I had to strip the footings (2"x12"x16' lumber is heavier than I remembered) to allow for the concrete guys to get in there and knock out the walls sooner. The frost walls were poured and things are looking to fall into place for getting the road paved into and between Buildings 1 and 3 if we can get the foundation backfilled early next week.
We currently have 2 more units left but that tells me that we're ready for the next building. We still have quite a bit of interest. Honestly, I think having our pavement done will dress things up and convince a few more people to pull the trigger. I can appreciate that some people want the cleanliness of pavement. Soon, real soon!
Other: Updated my LinkedIn profile to reflect my railroad consulting services. I figure if someone is searching LinkedIn, I better make it easier for them to find me.
I'm also working through my training materials to act as a self storage investment mentor. With the other things that I had going, on that was temporarily slowed down. Back at it next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment