Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 13 of being unemployed:

It was a super fun and inspiring week. 
Still doing paperwork for Hudson Storage Garages. Got most of that taken care of. The good news is our appraisal of the future value of the facility came back high enough so we got the verbal go-ahead for that project. Probably a few more bits of paperwork for good measure but we're getting close. We also had a pre-bid meeting for the site grading on that project. Those are due next week (this week as you read this) so we are excited to see the numbers. This was a big deal for the project. You just never know if everyone will be too busy to attend or don't want to do your project. I'm not sure why I was worried, but I was. I only slept a couple hours on Monday night! We are still working on getting our building plans submitted to the State of Wisconsin for state approval and it's killing me. I know they are backed up a bit and we're running out of time to keep the project on schedule. I'm going to be a total pest for those guys next week.
On Wednesday (Angie's Birthday - sorry Honey) I met with a good friend's brother-in-law who is developing senior housing. He came from the banking world and decided to try his hand at developing senior housing. He seems much like us but a little further along. Very impressive dude. I hope he's not too busy to meet with me again. I just keep trying to think of ways to help him out so I can spend more time around him and his projects. He's using Chinese investor's money which is super interesting to me seeing that I'm looking to take our business to the next level so I can help others get to the promised land. I would also suggest everyone do what they have to do to figure out a way to go out to lunch with someone who is where they want to go. That person will be able to connect the dots for you.
We were able to rent up a small unit in Houlton so that leaves us with 1 small and 1 large unit remaining. We are getting close..... As for a word of wisdom this week, don't schedule a 9 am meeting on the morning after a scotch tasting event the night before.
The last bit of fun was a railroad consulting friend of mine asked me to get more involved with a project down in Kansas. I thought this opportunity pretty much dried up so I was happy to hear it's still a go. It allows me to make a few bucks and allows me to stay involved in the rail industry. Friday the 13th (In the 13th week of self-employment) isn't so bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment